Thursday, January 14, 2010

Charm Swap


It's time for a charm swap again and the Lady of the Charm is going to work her magic.
I took part in the second swap and it was wonderful and inspiring and so great to get all those charms at the end, each a little creation of wonder.
Here is what she had to say:
The picture above is the collection of charms that I recieved from 24 different artists when I hosted my first charm swap. Most of them were made by Rug Hookers on the Welcome Mat. The theme for the above swap was, anything you wanted, made from anything you wanted, with a size specification of no larger than 1 1/2 inches x 1 1/2 inches. It was such a pleasure to get to know, via email all of the wonderful Artists who's time and creativity made the swap a success. When Hosting a swap, I always ask for one extra charm, and when I attend a rug camp, or auction, I donate the extra set of charms that I make into a bracelet like the one above, as a fundraiser for that camp, guild, etc.

For the second swap, I mailed everyone a small packet of paper, ribbon, yarn, wool etc. in a theme I called "Fairy Forest". The charm fairies created charms using only the colors in their packet. The results were stunning. I'll try to get a picture of them up soon.

When I hosted the last two swaps, some charmings made and sent theirs in right away, other charmers sent in at the last minute, and still other charmsters sent theirs in after the deadline. So in order to respect every type of charmer, for this swap I will mail them out as they come in. This will make our swap run for a while, give everyone the time they need, and get the charms back quicker. I won't have to refuse anyone either.
As it dwindles down, if it dwindles down, I will make up the difference in charms. I'm sure I can find a crazy or two to help me do this. All charms must be in by November 1st 2010 for this swap. If you are interested write
Loretta.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great thing!! How many charms does a person need to make?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 21 I believe, Loretta is the charmed one to ask...

    ReplyDelete