Here is my latest and last skirt for the Curly Pops Challenge, you can tell by the fabric that inspires me it is getting hotter and hotter here as summer draws in.
I like layers. This skirt is a sheer tencel & cotton fabric.
It is made of a bias cut underskirt and an wrap apron thingy.
I hated this skirt when I made it because by cutting it on the bias I made the pattern become a ladder pattern. So what to do but cover it up?
I'm greatly inspired by the movement to leave no remains when you cut something out to sew. YES USE IT ALL UP!
When I looked at what became the underskirt and then the triangular remains ( two triangles had at 6 inch total width of the fabric remnant still attached)
I took that end piece, hemmed it and attached apron strings.
Then I added all the hemmed triangles, to some I added a group of pleats to as I wished. I like it.
She Dee - my dummy - looks a little stumpy but she is more wide where I'm deep.
It is a good relationship.
Backside - my favourite
Still working on the tops
I think some strategic pleats to emphasize my best look- empire
And raise up the belt here for the same look, hmmm maybe some angled tucks on one side might be good too. Stayed tuned
Oh and best of all I kinda sorta can carry my bag now without feeling like singing Paper Roses.
It looks much more random now.
I want to leave that to Marie who I admire but I can't rock that look!
I can't even country it!