Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Day 31, Mother of All invention

Yes, necessity inspired me tonight.
I usually use a piece of paper money for my book mark but Nessa (#2) commented on its decadence.
So tonight when I was pooped out from all day running about ( I saw Donna ! just back from Halley's very first movie ! )
and I thought I couldn't possibly make a thing I remembered I should get a book mark not worth stealing.
So here is my book mark with tails and beads made on the embellisher.

This last installment winds up my make a thing a day project.

I did enjoy these minutes of making each day and I confess I would have copped out many a night if I didn't have you holding my feet to the fire or rather my promise to you. So thank you for this opportunity. I will be glad not to have to make anything tomorrow , though I may do so because I'm in the discipline of doing so now.

I found frequently even though I couldn't think of a single thing to make if I came down to the fertile field of my studio and dug my hands around in the dirt and seeds so to speak , something would grow. A weed, a flower, a tree, a blade or maybe good wholesome food for some other adventure later , no matter the outcome of this digging in, it was all worthwhile toward the effort of invention.

Especially the popcorn !
Happy New Year Everyone , to health, laughter, good cheer and endless visits to The House Of Invention.

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you my inventive, miraculous, wanderful friend. May 2009 be full of health, inspiration and creation.

    xine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Wanda ~ Would you consider posting all of your projects together in one picture? Your idea of a project a day was very inspiring and hopefully, it will encourage me to be more creative on a daily basis! Thanks ~
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christine !
    Thank you for all the good wishes.This is going to be a make some majic year for me, I feel it coming on.
    Alice
    I would consider posting all my making except I don't have them all. By way of explaining, I'm pretty much about the activity and not so much about the end results and that goes for my hooking too. I get all involved in in venting ( pun) and don't really care much about things after. So they have evolved, gone to other homes and further adventures.
    Are you planing to create a thing a day or week ?
    I highly recommend it !

    ReplyDelete