Friday, December 5, 2008

Chelsea Rolls over Medium Dark Purple

 
















In this picture you can see the wool before dyeing on the bottom right. The chelsea rolls arrayed out on top of it, and to the left is an echo I placed on top of the wool in the pan with natural wool to show the colours of dye I used on each one. Though the beginning colour is not eggplant you can achieve similar interesting variances.
The best dyeing advice I can give you is just go for it, you can't really go wrong. If it seems implausible, you should really try it. Like I said to Christine today, this idea , to go for broke is what separates the men from the boys.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for that post and information. I have just begun to experiment with dyes on wool and cotton and this is something I shall certainly try. At this stage I'm using an old wool blanket, and love the effects I have achieved. Sue

    ReplyDelete