Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Day 9 The Felted God's eye Ornament


Remember in school when we made those God's eyes ?
I made one with my toothpick knitting needles and then I felted it with soap and agitation.
When it was dry I slipped the toothpicks out and then dry felted it onto some green wool, trimmed it with a purple selvedge that also made the hanging loop and did some stitching on it. Then I added an old metal button.
That's all she wrote.
Today's hint:
Be good to yourself, try to do something every day that fills you up. If you only have 5 or 10 minutes don't do something you'd rather be doing for 2 hours and end up frustrated by having to stop. Fit your self gift to your time budget. Don't be constrained by guidelines or expectations. Do what you can for you. This time of year we find it so easy to look after everyone else. How about you ? You deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment