Sunday, September 13, 2009

Inglourious Basterds

Today we went to see the new Quentin Tarantino movie. I do love to watch movies but there were things I noticed besides the usual.


Colours: I loved the quiet use of colour in this movie. Because of this the reds you see look like they are plugged into a power source including lips and other Tarantino type reds you might see, if you get my drift.

Puzzles: He always leaves something to puzzle over. I find this trait very satisfying. Enough loose strings are tied up you feel like , yes , everyone got their comeuppance, but there is just a little something to take home to think about.

Characters: His characters are what I might call individuals, really toothsome of character. You see sides that are unexpected and endearing even when you don't want to be endeared.

Surprises: There are plenty.

Suspense: My heart pounded

The lead up to events: Thorough, making you part of the scene

If I turned to the creative act of making a rug and compared it to Quentin's work do we provide our viewer with the same thrills or even some of them ?

No comments:

Post a Comment