Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Impediments

We all have things that will keep us from what we do best.
Recently I purchased a new battery for my laptop. I didn't realize how much I had enjoyed the freedom of writing from my bed, couch, table or deck until I was able to do it again.
The two year long, eventual dissipation of my battery was a slow, slow trickle of constraint.
I guess I'm not a tethered kind of girl.

But I didn't know that until I got unplugged again.


I said all that to say this... are you doing everything you can to provide yourself with creative outlet ?
I'm not talking about stuff necessarily.
Because we all know people who have tons of "stuff" but do nothing.
Something else impedes them.

Do you know your impediments ?

The question to ask yourself :
I can make the most wonderful things, why am I not ?

This is something I ask myself.
Be honest.
Make a checklist of things that help you make wonderful.
Your preparedness list.
Look at this list and pat yourself on the back for your state of readiness.

Now make a list of things that may retard your wonderful.
Your to bad about - no time, no energy, no money, no talent, no good list.

Look at the No Good list.
Examine these like a trouble shooting ,problem solving whiz kid, taking over the company robber baron.
Can any of these be debunked, raided, smashed or rent to be put of commission ?
Can you slash a tiny inefficiency to create a whole new company ?

Just one will thing will make a world of difference. What small thing can you do to get where you want to be ?

Something like getting my laptop mobile again.

This message has been brought to you directly from Wanda's couch in Wanda's partially renovated re-purposed new dining. Free from all wires.

No comments:

Post a Comment