Tuesday, August 25, 2009

What's Great About Majic Carpet Dyes ?


Update:  September 2014 
I loved these dyes so much I bought the company! To buy your Majic Carpet Dyes go to WandaWorks.calook in the store We are proud to create these amazing handcrafted dyes.


From August 28th 2009
I use Majic carpet dyes because of the following reasons:
Beginners only need to buy 14 dyes and they have the world by the tail.
They can get any colour in the world from these 14.
They are of good strength with no filler included.
They are very good true colours, browns are actually brown, green are properly yellow green, blue green and true green, and so on through the whole colour range.
They are great mixing colours, meaning they produce good clear colour when combined with each other.
I find it more productive and easier to reference a single set of dyes when making my column. I'm not calling into use one of the 200 dyes I have in my drawers and expecting people to buy them to create this colour. Cushings has 98 colours ! Pro chem ! I stopped counting about 3 years ago. I cannot possibly expect people to lay out that kind of cash to buy the dyes I used for each article. So I settled on what I felt to be the best collection of colours with a limited number needed and proceeded from there to bring you an amazing world of colour.

Do I use other dyes ? YES I DO ! I have used them all. Do I have preferences, yes but colour wise not brand name wise.

All colourant works the same, you can get the same colour from any set of dyes. The labour you must involve your self in to do this will vary according to dyes chosen and colour required.

There is no cross reference chart.
Each company has different dyes, they will produce different results when the same recipe is used.

The Majics come in a 14 colour set, costs about $60 and that is the sum total of your investment. You havde what you need. I believe it is worth it. With the other companies ... where do you start ? What to buy ?
All of these acid reactive dyes are the same, you can use them in the same recipe, a colour from each company with no bad results.
Have an adventure ! Make an investment in yourself, instead of worrying about your investment in wool. All wool is good wool and unlike an investment in peaches, it will never go bad !

Update:  September 2014
I loved these dyes so much I bought the company! To buy your Majic Carpet Dyes go to WandaWorks.ca, look in the store We are proud to create these amazing handcrafted dyes.

2 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting blog, very instructive and informing in all. This post, in partucular, has been very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great to get your feedback, very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete