Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Siren Song

It is calling me and I hope not to the rocks.... I've been looking at a lot of knitting sites this morning but I want to console you with the fact that all activities on the side involve WOOL .... I've many mistresses to serve but they all live in the same house working for the same madam.... EWE. Now that is punny.
As you can see I'm not the only one here who loves wool !!!



As I sat surfing, church members parked their cars and went to the pews.( 3 churches right on my block) What in the world are they doing sitting inside on a day like this ? It is sunny for the first time in 3 weeks. It took me a moment to realize I was inside as well ....... worshipping the wool !

They say a big storm is coming on and I couldn't be more cozy with all my "STUFF". All that potential just waiting to be realized. Yes, so great to think about piles for maybe projects but yet here I sit on the computer. I console myself because blogging feels as creative and productive as anything other thing I do.

Next Sunday I'm starting a year of monthly Sunday classes. In these classes you may learn what you wish. I'm looking forward to seeing who will show up. Every class becomes it's own happening and it's a pleasure to see what interactions play out among the participants.

I'm not sure I told you about the middle of the night transformer failure and resultant excitement in my neighborhood a few weeks ago but yes it was a bit of a trial. It's taken a week or two just to get my sense of ALARM to calm from waking up in the middle of the night to cats hitting the deck and light bulbs popping and acrid smells in the total dark.

Many things got "deaded" by the surge in my house but I faired better than many others. Two things in my studio got toasted, the TV and computer.

I was surprised as I could be by the number of times I went to use the computer on hooking day and IT WASN'T THERE. I had no idea I used it so much.
The good news is a new TV that will let me link up to my LAP TOP .... here come the BIG slideshows in class.
AND my replacement computer will help me easily create podcasts. This is something I've been wanting to do and you will see them soon on this blog or on my website. We aren't sure where we want to post them yet. There are ALWAYS good things coming, no matter what it looks like or feels like at the time.

It seems many of you have taken this holiday opportunity to hook... BRAVO !
I wish I was following in your good path.
I'm still stuck in the reading mode.

I do hereby vow and declare most avidly that I will make something each day during the month of Dec. to be posted here.
Hold my feet to the fire my friends.

Try setting a goal yourself, it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment