Wednesday, October 7, 2009

In a time far away and long ago


Before I was a rug hooker I designed and made clothing for my work.
I still love hand made clothing and fabric turns me on. When I need to feel better I love to see these representations of longevity and heart. I am currently looking at vests. I thought I'd share a great site with you for antique clothing and textiles. Made to last a lifetime and more, they contain a wealth of inspiration for patterning, colour and even shape for a properly fitting hooked vest ! Is there even such a thing ? I admire the devotion it takes to create these garments.
Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Wanda, thanks for a site that really speaks to me ... the vests are luscious! If only I could sew better ... I have lots of design thoughts for hooking a vest, but not the sewing!
    Linda Spear

    ReplyDelete