Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Looking or Listening

There will be NO visual content in this blog today because I'm worried about us turning into crack babies who are always wahhhhing for our next visual fix.

I've derived most of my inspiration since becoming a hooker through visual stimulation.
Lately though, no matter what I have to look at it and just so you know it is VAST because I collect things to look at and in my day to day life I notice EVERYTHING and I want you all to know how exhausting that is... as well as how exhausting these run on forever sentences are....LOL! and now back to the point..... what I'm seeing is not thrilling me like it once did.

If you've been reading this blog for any length of time you'll know about the jaded old hooker syndrome. I'm ever on the watch for that. I want to look at things and experience like a beginner, but a wise old crone of a beginner.

So how to be all juicy and sweet with possibilities then ?
I've turned to listening to people speaking about what vivifies them. Not all the speakers are gifted and I do enjoy those more whose talents also include public speaking.
But it is wonderful to hear people being passionate and excited and connecting dots on their topic of life study whatever that is.
For your own self driven, look for the areas that interest YOU, passionate speakers go to TED
for Ideas Worth Spreading.

And in that vein of championing audio stimulation I'll be starting and I hope NEVER finishing a group of interviews with hookers about their work and passions. These will be on The Welcome Mat under music as that's the only way to plant them in there.
Try talking to somebody today to find out what makes them all alive and ardent about why they are here.

You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads

That is happiness: to be dissolved into something complete and great.
Willa Cather



No comments:

Post a Comment