Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Found" Rugs, What can you see today ?

Why is time whistling by my ears faster than I want ?
I can't believe I haven't posted since Feb 25 !

I like to think of new inspirations. We are often seeing the same old things as subject matter. As I was stumbling around the web I found a site of wonderful photo graphs described as found paintings.

I posted this to The Welcome Mat in the Imagine That Group.
I asked, do you think we could go out or in and find something that might be a good design to hook ?

I like the patterns on this, I rotated it for a better ( more arresting ) view.



Colourwise, not really my bag so I had some fun selecting out and changing different parts of it, the light one is the whole picture again.



Though not in the direct spirit if the found painting ( landscapeish ) photos with a little work I can see the potential. I do love the bright rusted boat sides and the off set linear with the rust effects creating texture and drama. Up close and personal with the photo is the way to go.

What can you see today, you never thought of before ?

No comments:

Post a Comment