Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Under the weather/ RHM -A lot goes into it

Artist: Joseph Desire Court 1829

I've spent much of the last week in bed or on the couch. I pretty much looked like that lady. I was prone for such a wearisome length of time my hair grew that long too.
I had/have a dread and wickedly ( Allyson had it too and that's the way she described it) debilitating flu. I'm just now coming out of it. All I can say is holy cow, wash your hands and sneeze into your sleeve please.
During this time I had a deadline for my dyeing column. Part of the week it was about 30˚C with a humidex of 40. That's really hot, you can see how I conquered that problem is the post before this.

I don't know about you but I don't like dyeing in the heat.
Not one bit.
You would think I would smarten right up and knowing my deadlines years in advance I would do all the dyeing for these columns in the winter. Yes, the winter when moisture and heat is more than welcome here, an invited guest even.

But I don't.
A failing, I believe.
The dyeing is only a small part of this article preparation.
There is the recording and writing and proofing and correcting.
Look at my notes! This week I don't understand them!


Then there are the multitudinous attempts at accurately coloured photography to show you the truest colours I can muster.
This step is so full of agony for me I cannot tell you. Warm colours I hate you! I finally scanned them.
It comes down to not having sensitive enough sensors. These are available at about $4,000. I'll be waiting awhile for that little camera set up.
Then I try to take a title photo, one show casing recipes in this case.
Here are some of the rejects:
Moon over Butter Inkshuk
Gold Henge ( Man can sort light and dark)
Stacks of Bullion
I fell down
The rabbit protects his gold.
It all kinda fun though, ya know?
BTW
I'm still at 98 followers? I got wool burning a hole in my pocket, don't you want to win it?
Tell your friends for sheep's sake!

6 comments:

  1. Hope you're coming out the other side of the horror. Healthiness is happiness, eh?
    allyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. As the Wellness Champion at Parker Hannifin always says:
    Your HEALTH is your WEALTH!

    Glad you are on this side of it. We had a coooool day today so dye away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanda,
    I'm glad to hear you are feeling better! Love the golds and stacks of color!
    Will give a shout out for your wool give-away...... and how does one qualify for the drawing again?

    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gracie!
    Thanks for the cheers! I don't wanna dye!
    Cathy,
    You just need to sign up as a follower to be eligible. Easy eh?
    It was great to hear from everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feel better soon! That young lady looks darn good, she must be very close to well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rejects, your mind hasn't been 'out of it!'
    Hope your're better...

    ReplyDelete