Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm fully awake now!/ Day tripping

A trip that is presented backwards- Me back home on the deck with Birdee!
You'll have to forgive the getup, parts of the trail out are pretty rocky and I had to be dressed for it.
Tobermory Harbour
At the grotto
The Grotto
Looking out and down
A rocky beach just before the grotto, look at the colours!
The shore line east of the grotto

Cyprus Lake
Okay... here is man at the grotto... look into the background, do you see that guy on the cliff edge? A millisecond later he jumped off the edge, even though there are many signs asking people not to jump in. They even point out 2 people have died doing just this.
What's up with that?
It made me wonder if we all have things like that in our lives we need to do even though the signs are pointing otherwise.

The safest road to hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope, soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones, without signposts.
C. S. Lewis

2 comments:

  1. Lewis's quote pretty much sums up what one of my versions of hell would be.....yeah, I'm one of those who would be jumping off the rock. What a gorgeous day out. I like the photo with the dark forefront and the sparkling light sky/water behind. Reminds me of a rug I saw started once...: )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yes, you would notice that!

    ReplyDelete