I loved my rug drawing and I let one leaf of my fern hang under the next but did not plan out how to handle this colourwise.
Insert GREAT BIG DUMB MOVE HERE.
I know better but I don't always do better.
I tried many pieces of wool I had on hand. ( I can see you nodding yes, having been here and bought the T shirt yourself) None did the work of being under, low, down, below, receded or hidden
Complicating matters was the need for lettering to show up.
I don't know if I've ever told you how I love to dye materials I have already used in a rug for another rug. I also adore to overdye wool from a rug for another part of a rug and that's what I did this time.
I was bored by the lack of layering the In a Word rug had.
BORED. STIFF. EXHAUSTED. DEFEATED BY BANALITY.
I left some of the wool aside to have some original colours so I could mediate my way between old and new and spent a happy hour pepping up, blueing, orangeing, turquoising, yellowfying all manner of greens and I also Red Violetted some other pieces for a happy surprise.
Very exciting and fun for me.
And now my problem is solved and I'm on a delightful schedule of a leaflet a night.
I hope your hooking is vivifying and contenting your heart and not nagging you like a bastard.